Go Back   BirdViewing.com > BobTour
francais espanol deutche

Conversation Between BobTour and Sue
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. BobTour
    01-10-2010 02:34 PM
    BobTour
    Sue,

Thank you so much for the help on identification. I do have bought some small books in order for me to identify, but I have some great difficulties, because of the drawing or the photo positions. Your comments are well apppreciated, I did identy it as a small blue, because of it's closenest of bleuish feathers colors, he was only approx 24 inch in height, I do beleive I have another shot in a different angle I'll post later. This bird shot taken is all new to me, when I took thoses Heron in Florida I had just acquired a new lens for my D80, I do have a lot to learn. I loved your posting of various birds in the west island, where do you see them, I need to find out a good location so I could go and practice, with my new lens. Thank you for your advise and comments.
  2. Sue
    01-10-2010 02:17 PM
    Sue
    Hi <
    The bird you posted Dec 1st as Little Blue Heron is,I am quite sure,A Green Heron.
    Little Blues are longer and not seen in that crouched position.
    Also the bird Chris and lou-dav commented on is a Great White Heron not a Great Egret.(Great Egrets have black legs and yellow beaks)
    That is a much better find.
    Congratulations,
    Sue
  3. Sue
    01-09-2010 07:10 PM
    Sue
    HiBob,
    The photo you posted as a budgerigar is a Monk Parakeet(check the ones I posted from Argentina and Chris from Uraguay.
    These are pet birds thet someone released and they from wild colonies.
    They are also called Quaker Parrots in the pet trade.
    Sue